In the age of incompatible accessories, add this one to the pain-in-the-behind list. If you are planning to upgrade from iPhone 1 to iPhone 2, don’t expect to have a spare for your new purchase, because the two docking stations will be shaped differently and will not be compatible.
All this is according to an Apple store employee, who explains that since the new iPhone has a different shape from the old one, the old dock will not fit.
We suppose this doesn’t come as much of a shocker to anyone. Anytime a phone upgrade occurs, expect a change in accessories that go along with it. It’s all part of the game nowadays.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Bliss spotted in the wild
- HTC EVO 3D accessories revealed
- iPhone 5 to have smaller dock connector. Production start rumored once more
- Your iPhone and iPod will rock with Logitech Pure-Fi Express Plus and Logitech Pure-Fi Anytime
- Motorola Droid Bionic costs only $99 at Costco, accessories included