Still not happy with the huge discount Palm’s given you for the Centro? Well, if you’re looking for when it will be available unlocked, look no further, for that day is now.
So it’s only available in a white color with grey accents, and will be getting a Google Maps for mobile with My Location feature. The Palm Centro may still find its way into your heart, but only if you let it step inside in the first place.
What you’ll be getting with the new My Location feature with Google Maps is:
- Comprehensive information on traffic conditions in more than 30 U.S. major metropolitan areas, and partial information in many others;
- Detailed driving directions with traffic estimates to avoid congestions;
- One-touch recall of favorite locations and routes;
- Integrated search results for business locations, including directions and contact information;
- Ability to scan and drag maps using Centro’s touch screen for a PC-like experience; and
- Satellite and aerial views.
Now scoot on over to Palm’s site for the $299 unlocked Palm Centro.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Google Maps for mobile now with NYC public transit directions for all platforms ‘cept iPhone
- Google Maps for mobile gets voice search – only on BlackBerry Pearl devices, for now
- Google Maps Navigation for Android updated, now automatically routes you around traffic
- Sprint and Google announce partnership to give users better mobile experience
- Keyboardless Palm Centro 2 with webOS in the making?