As we had earlier reported, Softbank’s official iPhone pricing in Japan will bring the device near the US price of $199, as the telco subsidizes the phone bills of its subscribers.
The Softbank iPhone price only goes near $199, at $215, on July 11th at the same time as the other countries that are included on the first official worldwide rollout.
The iPhone 3G is going to be released simultaneously on July 11th in 22 countries, and Japan is one of them. So far, only Softbank has been confirmed as a carrier for the iPhone in Japan, although we know that NTT DoCoMo is also vying for rights to market the handset.
The price of the iPhone in Japan through Softbank will now be 23,040 Yen (or $215) for the 8GB model, and about $320 for the 16GB model.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Softbank iPhone pricing plans leaked?
- Softbank Get iPhone in Japan
- Softbank Mobile nets first major corporate iPhone customer in Japan
- iPhone 3G not such a big hit in Japan
- iPhone 3G not really coming to 70 countries on July 11th worldwide rollout