A few more pictures of the first ever BlackBerry clamshell, the Kickstart have surfaced on the interweb. I know we have been complaining about the size of that thing but we couldn’t expect Research in Motion to get it completely right for the first time.
As you can see from the picture, the Kickstart still ends up being a bit more portly than the BlackBerry Bold by its side and that’s just in its open state. Folding it up will surely add another third to the already bulky device, but no small feat considering RIM will stuff pretty much everything you expect from a BlackBerry.
Here are the specs that we know of the device so far:
- Internal LCD: 240×320
- External LCD: 160×128
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
- “Next Gen” SureType keyboard
- 2 Megapixel camera
- 16-bit color LCDs
- WiFi 802.11b/g
- 3.5mm headset jack
- 4.6 OS
The rumored T-Mobile release in September still seems to hold some water, but we will, as always, keep you on top of things when something else comes up! Meanwhile, head over to BerryShack if you want to look at some more pictures.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Blackberry KickStart Specs and T-Mobile Launch
- BlackBerry 8210/8220 Kickstart detailed on online retailer’s web site
- First Blackberry Clamshell Unveiled
- BlackBerry Kickstart Experience in detail
- New BlackBerry Kickstart live pics show it needs a diet