A great competitive advantage for Virgin Mobile USA came today as they have announced they are introducing a nationwide unlimited calling plan on July 1.
The “Totally Unlimited” plan, a nationwide plan without contract or roaming charges, will be available for
$79.99/month and can be purchased with either cash or credit.
This is overall a good value because this is the first plan from a national carrier that gives you unlimited minutes without contract. The only other carriers that do are regional-based, which means they typically charge up to .79/minute for roaming.
Keep in mind, however, that this does not include messaging; to get unlimited messaging just tack on an extra $10 which will include text, IM, email and MMS.
via Virgin Mobile
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon announces new (and cheaper) unlimited voice plans
- T-Mobile Brings Unlimited to the Family
- AT&T to offer $50 unlimited prepaid plan starting June 26th
- Virgin Mobile Motorola Triumph will be available on July 20 alongside new plans
- AT&T Unveils TAP system for iPhone 3G