The rumors are true, people! It is now official that Virgin Mobile has purchased Helio for $39 million.
This has certainly been a big week for Virgin, as they announced unlimited calling plans just a couple days ago for $79.99; now, Virgin will not acquire Helio’s customers, it will also take over Helio’s inventory and billing systems. Ocean 2 anyone?
Because of this, Virgin expects to be able to negotiate better rates with Sprint, its network partner.
The deal is expected to be finalized in Q3 of this year.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Helio Ocean 2 to be launched this quarter
- Virgin Mobile will launch the Ocean 2 with Britney Spears
- Virgin Mobile’s Helio Ocean 2 will debut on February 12 for $149
- Hopes still alive for Helio Ocean 2, now as Umbrella
- Pantech OZII for Helio revealed by FCC