The new AT&T update to the V9 is what we feel should’ve been the original V9 release in the first place: a nice color and with GPS and Video Share equipped.
Engadget gave us the news that AT&T will be getting a shade of black for the V9, a welcome change from the mahogany color that’s graced stores since last year.
The updates will put the V9x in line with the Z9 that also comes with GPS and Video Share. Both phones will now offer the AT&T Navigator software. This is great news for those who want aGPS for AT&T in a flip phone. Currently it is only offered in slider phones and PDAs.
Whats most interesting, in our opinion, is that the GPS will work on the secondary, outside screen as well!
No word on when this will come out, however. It looks as though it will be a pretty fast launch.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia 6350 announced by AT&T, only $29.99
- Google Fast Flip launched for Android, iPhone
- More about the leaked Motorola Video/phones
- Motorola still leading the US mobile market, followed by LG and Samsung
- World Moto Z9 with AGPS pits itself against Nokia 6500 and Samsung U700