This could be huge! Rumors are flying all over the place that the Blackberry Kickstart, RIM’s first clamshell attempt, may begin selling on T-Mobile for $49.99 on a 2 year contract.
Crackberry broke the news that there are quite a few sources whispering in their ear that these are true facts. If this is indeed true, this will be one of the least expensive smartphones on the market; this would definitely help T-Mobile retain some customers that would otherwise be thinking of getting the iPhone 3G.
So, this seems like a great move for RIM, given the tough competition it will face in the upcoming months. It is also a good idea for any mobile phone user that has been interested in getting a high-end PDA but isn’t interested in the price tag that comes with it. By the looks of it, this would be a great starter for the smartphone novice!
Unwired View will be anxiously looking for more sources confirming the price, so stay tuned!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- BlackBerry PlayBook may be released on or before April 15 in Canada
- BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230 for Verizon spotted
- True Move seals deal with Apple to sell iPhone 3G in Thailand
- HTC not interested in buying Palm. Palm’s CEO says they can still make it on their own
- BlackBerry Bold now available from Movistar Chile