Out of nowhere, photos and information about a so-rumored Sony Ericsson W595 seems to have come out, and from these we find that, other than it’s codename is “Linda”, it’ll sport a classic Sony Ericsson slider form factor, a 3.2 megapixel camera and mystical music playing abilities.
Some are saying that this is the long-awaited upgrade to the Sony Ericsson W580, which, though a great music phone in and of itself, has grown too old for kids these days to even appreciate anymore. Rekindling the W580′s flame is apparently what the Sony Ericsson W595 Linda is all about.
As noted in Sony Ericsson’s naming system, since this leaked unit’s model number ends with “5″, there’s some truth to this being a new Walkman slider.
The Sony Ericsson W595 looks like it features improvements all over the place. It only measures 14mm thick, which I think is more than comfortable enough to hold while sifting through your music playlists.
Rounding up the music experience, an FM radio is also inbuilt inside it. Shake control, which Sony Ericsson is so hot about right now, is also a feature. We’ll see just how well this handset gets received come the time it gets official.
Via Journal du Geek
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson S500 Nature Styled Slider
- Sony Ericsson W910i Walkman Slider approved by FCC. No 3G for U.S., only EDGE and Bluetooth
- Two-Way slider patent for Sony Ericsson P5i look-alike
- Sony Ericsson K850i Cybershot, W999i and Shinobu Walkman, M610 Lizy to be announced on June 14?
- Sony Ericsson Hikaru (W923?) – first image leaked