Samsung i8510 8-megapixel Symbian S60 slider
Looks like Samsung is joining 8-megapixel camerophone fever with a new Samsung i8510 G850 Symbian S60 slider.
The source of the photos below says that the phone will be named Samsung i8510, my guess is that they’ve got the model number wrong. There already was Samsung i850 phone released way back in 2005. and seems to be built along the same lines as a current Samsung smartphone flagship -G810.
As you can see, if the picture above is genuine, Samsung i8510 comes with 8 megapixel camera.
Known Samsung i8510 specs are:
- 3G HSDPA 7.2 Mbps connectivity
- Symban S60 9.3 OS
- 2.8″ 16 million color display
- 8 megapixel AF camera with xenon flash and 120 fps QVGA recording
- Front camera for video calls
- Ambient light sensor
- Built-in WiFi and A-GPS
- FM Radio
- Divx and Mpeg-4 playback
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- built-in 3D accelerator chip
- 2 Stereo speakers with Dolby 5.1 Surround support (?)
- 128 MB of RAM
- 16 GB built in storage
- USB 2.0, Bluetooth 2.0, TV-Out, DLNA certified
- 1200 mAh capacity battery with 6hrs talk and 280 hrs stand-by time
- Size: 106.5 x 53.9 x 16.9 mm
That 8 Mega label in the camera photos above may raise some doubts about whether this phone is real. But it looks good enough for early pre-production model. And the history of previous high end Samsung leaks makes me think That these Samsung i8510i photos, coming apparently from Vietnam, are real too.
We are not sure when Samsug i8510 will hit the streets. But I’m sure, that now that it started, there’s bound to be tons of new leaks about the new 8 megapixel Samsung handset. And we will keep you posted when that happens.