Google has launched a new way of rating businesses — directly from your mobile phone.
This is a good way to rate businesses, as you can do the review for a restaurant while you’re waiting for the check, for example.
Sure, there are a ton of websites out there to review businesses, but very few people will remember to do it by the time they get home and settled down. This is a good opportunity to make the review while it’s fresh in your mind and vividly remember all the good and bad details of your experience.
First go to google’s website on your phone browser. Then, search for the business by name and location. Click on the business name on the results page to view details, and then scroll down and click on “sign in to write/edit your review”.
When you review a business, it gets published to Google Maps users across the globe.
So far the feature is only available in the US and not on the iPhone, but Google’s blog tells us iPhone and international versions should be on the way soon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Google integrates click to call phone numbers in mobile ads
- Google launches Popular Images for Android and iPhone
- The first Google Nexus One review shows up
- Google optimizes search results pages for iPhone and Android
- Google Maps for mobile updated: find businesses easier