Casually taking a scroll across the web in search of mobile news, I find this, and learn that the still unannounced and highly awaited Nokia 5800 Tube touchscreen phone was used as one of the handsets in the new Batman movie, The Dark Knight.
According to reports, it was seen in the hands of Morgan Freeman, and many people who have watched the movie say that the particular touchscreen phone was definitely the Tube. It is said that the Tube in the movie very nice user-interface, and is years away from the first prototype Nokia touchscreen we reported about earlier this year.
The Nokia Tube in The Dark Knight movie was described as follows:
“Bottom keys seemed touch sensitive in the way they lit up, but they could have been like the N81 keys. The front was glossy black and the side had a orange ring around it like the N78/N81/N96. The back was black.”
I haven’t seen the movie myself, but I’m headed to the theather this afternoon, so I guess I’ll just have to pass on Wanted for this one. Hopefully, I’ll come back with a photo or two, maybe even a video. Stay tuned for the update!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia Lumia 900 The Dark Knight Rises Edition will be available in the UK starting June 1
- Nokia and Verizon Wireless launch Nokia 6205 The Dark Knight edition before standard model
- Nokia Lumia 900 Batman Edition to be released in Europe soon
- Nokia Lumia 900 now on pre-order in Canada (at Rogers)
- Will Nokia Tube Stand Up to Apple iPhone?