The moment we have all been waiting for has arrived. No, Elvis Presley has not come back from the dead, the iPhone Dev Team has just released PwnageTool 2.0 for the iPhone 3G and iPod Touch. It also works for the first-gen iPhone, and in fact, it is only for that device that it works all the way through.
With regards to activating, jailbreaking, and unlocking, that is. The iPhone/iPod Touch PwnageTool 2.0 only works fully with the old, first-gen iPhone, ably activating, jailbreaking and unlocking it, while for the iPhone 3G it can only do activation and jailbreaking (no unlock yet). Of course there’s no point in unlocking the iPod Touch, so…
The iPhone/iPod Touch PwnageTool 2.0 can now be had from the iPhone Dev Team’s blog, or from mirrors provided by Hackint0sh and BigBoss. The file’s been zipped and only comes up to a few MBs, so there shouldn’t be a problem when it comes to downloading.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- QuickPwn 2.1 for Windows now out
- Apple’s iPad jailbroken in no time
- Mac OS X 10.5.6 software update breaks DFU mode for iPhone, iPod Touch
- Activate, Jailbreak and Unlock first-gen iPhones with step-by-step guide for Windows
- iPhone 3G soft unlock accomplished, to be made available New Year’s eve