Though PwnageTool 2.0 already serves up unlocking for first-gen iPhones with version 2.0 of the iPhone software, the tool only works on Macs, and there doesn’t seem to be a tool for Windows in the horizon.
Good thing there’s a step-by-step Pwning guide written up by one very diligent iPhone owner. This method requires quite a bit of your patience and time, plus a lot of different things to be set up.
First of all, you should have an iPhone running v.1.1.4 of the iPhone software, iTunes 7.7 and a custom IPSW 2.0. ZiPhone is also one of the tools needed.
I’ll save the details of the step-by-step guide for the source, but you should know that though the process may be a bit convoluted, right now this is your one clear key to unlocking your old iPhone on IPSW 2.0. Now read the instructions at the link below.
Via iPhone Hacks
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Mac OS X 10.5.6 software update breaks DFU mode for iPhone, iPod Touch
- How to tether the iPhone 3G and browse the web on your laptop
- Asus Transformer Prime bootloader unlock tool will be out next month
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III bootloader gets unlocked, renders ‘developer edition’ phone useless
- iOS 6.1.1 is out, fixes issues for iPhone 4S