Feeling generous today? Samsung is. That’s why they donated a total of 1,000 handsets to 600 athletes and 400 coaches and staff for the Chinese Olympic team.
This sponsorship is recorded as Samsung’s largest ever marketing donation to a particular nation’s Olympic team, and was celebrated last Friday during a donation ceremony in Beijing, China.
The handset itself isn’t just your ordinary giveaway phone. Samsung specifically gave out the G618 “Olympic phone” with Olympic-releted ringtones and photos preloaded on the internal memory.
In exchange for scoring the China Olympic team’s official mobile phone, Samsung will get to use athlete photos for their future ads, as well as preferred contractor programs. Don’t be surprised if you see an Olympian in one of Samsung’s commercials soon, then.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Note Olympic Edition spotted in the UK. Galaxy Y Olympic Edition coming soon, too
- Samsung D780 gets plated in gold, becomes official Russian Olympic Team Phone
- Acer Iconia A510 Olympic Tab will be launched in the UK next month (via Carphone Warehouse)
- Acer Iconia Tab A510 Olympic Games Edition gets unveiled, will be out later this month
- Acer Iconia Tab A510 Olympic Edition now available in the UK for £349