The last time we heard about it, the Samsung i8510 had been somewhere between vaporware and an unbelievably powerful device, but now this sleek slider looks to give Nokia and all its S60 devices a run for their money under the clever name of Innov8. The 8-megapixel shooter was shown off recently at an event in New York City and has all that was rumored and much more.
MobileBurn was lucky enough to spend some quality time with this powerful cell phone and judging by their mini-review, they sure walked away pretty impressed. While the 8-megapixel lens may be the highlight of the device, other camera-centric features like smile, face, and blink detection, panorama mode, and image stabilization coupled with 120fps QVGA or 30fps VGA quality recording should put this right on top of the other cameraphones in the market.
The Samsung Innov8 is designed to work on quad-band GSM (850/1800 and 900/1900 MHz) and dual-band WCDMA (900/2100 MHz) networks. Sadly missing is US 3G support, but the device is still a long way from release, so we might see one having just that in the future. Samsung has made a wise decision by including a powerful 1200 mAh battery, which should be more than enough to watch your favorite DivX videos on its big 2.8-inch QVGA display or connect to any DLNA-certified device. Here is the complete spec sheet for you to drool over:
- Quad-band GSM (850/900/1800/1900MHz), dual-band WCDMA (900/2100MHz)
- Symbian 9.3 S60 3rd Edition FP2
- 2.8? 16m color QVGA TFT display
- Built-in GPS receiver and accelerometer
- 8 megapixel autofocus camera with image stabilization and face, smile, and blink detection
- Video recording QVGA @ 120 fps or VGA @ 30fps with full editing suite onboard
- 16GB internal storage with microSD card slot for further expansion
- Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP
- 106.5 x 53.9 x 17.2 mm (3.9? x 1.9? x 0.6?)
- 1200mAh battery
There are no details on a release date or pricing yet, but if you want to ogle at some pictures and a hands-on video, click on over to MobileBurn.
UPDATE: 8megapixel Samsung Innov8 i8510 is official now and will become available in August. The price is still a mystery though but with a release date this close, we will know soon enough.
Read [Symbian Guru]For best Samsung Innov8 i8510 delas in U.K. click here!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung INNOV8 (a.k.a. 8510) announced, gets release date
- Samsung i8510 INNOV8′s camera reviewed at Mobile Review
- AT&T announces the Sony Ericsson C905a and W518a
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X3 Rachael specs unveiled
- Samsung S5200 officially announced