The Mac blogs have been all abuzz today about a rumor that Apple will release a red version of the iPhone 3G this holiday season in support of (PRODUCT) RED.
This program donates part of the profits to help fight AIDS in Africa, and the addition of the iPhone to the program would certainly help raise a significant amount of cash for them.
However this rumor has come from an unconfirmed source and there is no way of knowing how true it is. But, we all thrive on rumors around here so let’s keep hoping!
Besides, Apple would only boost sales by introducing more colors for its phone. Who knows how many people are not buying the iPhone because it’s not red? Time to catch that demographic, Apple.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Rumor: iPhone 5 to have a metal chassis and a 3.5-3.7-inch screen after all
- iPhone OS 4 beta 4 features AT&T tethering
- Case manufacturer gives further hints on an iPhone nano
- Intel confirms plans for Atom-based iPhone-like mini-tablet?
- Walmart to sell iPhone on December 28th, with a 2-year AT&T contract and not for $99