Samsung INNOV8 (a.k.a. 8510) announced, gets release date
It appears that Samsung’s 8 megapixel phone – Samung i8510 we told you about couple of weeks ago, will beat Sony Ericsson’s C905, at least in terms of release date.
It has been unveiled today during World Cyber Game (WCG) 2008 held in China and from now on will be known as Samsung INNOV8 8510. (Samsung “Innoveit”, as I guess it will be pronounced, sounds much cooler then generic 8510i)
8 megapixel Samsung Innov8, running on Symbian S60 OS will be released in Europe next month, with worldwide sales starting in September.
Samsung Innov8 specs include:
- Quad-band GSM (850/900/1800/1900MHz), dual-band WCDMA (900/2100MHz)
- Symbian 9.3 S60 3rd Edition FP2
- 2.8″ 16m color QVGA TFT display
- Built-in GPS receiver and accelerometer
- 8 megapixel autofocus camera with image stabilization and face, smile, and blink detection
- Video recording QVGA @ 120 fps or VGA @ 30fps with full editing suite onboard
- 16GB internal storage with microSD card slot for further expansion
- Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP
- 106.5 x 53.9 x 17.2 mm (3.9? x 1.9? x 0.6?)
- 1200mAh battery
No word on the Samsung Innov8 price yet, but it is rumored to be around 780 euro. Quality and tons of features come at a price, don’t they?