If you think you could use a lesson in spending your money wisely, have a look at the recently FCC-approved Dior Mini clamshell phone from Christian Dior. It has all the inner workings of a mid-to-low-end cellphone, doesn’t have an elegant-enough design, and yet the manufacturer looks ready to charge at least a couple thousand dollars for it.
To retail for $5,000, you’d think they’d go through the trouble of making this cellphone water-proof, shock-proof, or ridicule-proof, at least. But no, adding even more insult to any potential buyer’s injury, the Dior Mini doesn’t look like the special handset it’s marketed to be.
And as everyone is complaining about how the iPhone is ridiculously high-priced at $500, I think it’s safe to say that no one has heard of this phone yet.
In any case, this handset will soon be on its way to willing victims, but if I want any phone to be on the “Will It Blend?” show more than anything, it would definitely be this. Agree?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Cristian Dior phone is coming. For $3500-5000 and more a pop
- Rumor: Christian Dior mobile phone coming May 16th
- New Christian Dior luxury phones to come in December 2009
- Opera Mini for iPhone coming at MWC. Will Apple approve it?
- Opera Mini for iPhone to be showcased at CTIA 2010, still no word on availability