Live photos of the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Tube leaked
Though we’ve already seen it in a couple of spy shots before (heck, we already saw it in a movie), we still haven’t really had a good look at Nokia’s upcoming touchscreen phone. Now we can, and confirm that it will be under the Nokia XpressMusic line.
The “5800” model moniker isn’t indicated, though it’s been widely rumored to be called as such semi-officially. The design looks very minimalist, to say the least, and the optimized-for-touch S60 UI could use a little redoing.
The specs of this touchscreen Nokia XpressMusic handset, according to the source of these spy pics, are:
- Measurements: 111 × 52 × 14.5 mm, and weighs only 104 grams.
- 16 million color TFT LCD
- 640 × 360 pixel resolution
- 16:9 display mode
- Fifth edition of Symbian S60.
- finger touch operation will provide vibration feedback function.
- 3.2 megapixel Carl Zeiss optical lens with autofocus
- Dual LED flash
- Built-in GPS
- 140 MB RAM
- GSM / GPRS / EDGE / WCDMA / HSDPA / WLAN wireless networking and Bluetooth technology.
- 3.5 mm Headset interface
- TV-out interface
- BL-5J 1150mah Battery
So it seems, it’s not really going to be Nokia’s bet in killing the iPhone. Earlier rumors indicate that the current model touchscreen Nokia we are all seeing is only one of two that are being developed, the one to be released later being the high-end one.
So if you’re feeling a little disappointed about this one, don’t. The one you’re going to cheer for is probably already on the way to market as well.