Due to insistent public demand, Fring has announced that it has finally added support for the first Samsung Symbian device, the Samsung 550W (or i550W, depending on your region). Now, users of the said smartphone will be able to take advantage of the wireless telephony offerings already being provided by Fring to millions of fringsters around the world.
Fring already exists for other popular smartphone platforms, and of course the now open-source Symbian is one of those. Since the Samsung 550W uses Symbian as its operating system, it won’t be long before other Samsung phones running Symbian will be supported by Fring too.
The Fring client for the Samsung 550W can be downloaded directly from Fring’s web site, and the link to which as well as the official announcement can be found below. I’ll go with Fring on this one and say, happy fringing!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- fring for Nokia 5800 XpressMusic now available
- Fring 3.40 available for Samsung Symbian smartphones
- Updated fring app offers video calls for Nokia S60 smartphones
- Fring finally comes to Android, available for download now
- Fring adds support for more handsets, Nokia N86 8MP included