If you’ve been checking the App store for new free app additions lately, it’s likely you’ve already seen Palringo. It’s an IM client that works quite well with other services such as Google Talk, AIM, Yahoo! Messenger and Windows Live Messenger.
Currently, Palringo already works for phones with other operating systems, and its makers are only now expanding into the iPhone platform.
With Palringo, users will be able to chat with their buddies via its IM user-interface, as usual, and aside from that can also send text, voice, as well as picture-based messages, which sort of makes it a pseudo-MMS solution for the iPhone.
Last time I checked, it was one of the top 50 applications in the Apple App Store, and as with any other iPhone app, it’s available for download anywhere you are in the world as long as you have an Internet connection.
Other IM clients are already existing but it wouldn’t really hurt if you try this one, so it’s your call.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Japanese iPhones get mobile TV through Softbank’s new 1-seg tuner
- Free SMS for everyone via AIM for iPhone
- HTC launches online store in the US (for smartphones and accessories)
- iPhone gets MMS picture messaging with Flutter
- Apple iPhone 8GB, 16GB currently unavailable at Apple Online Store