Way back in April we reported that AT&T announced an iPhone plan for the hearing impaired who still wanted to use the device for text and email. Today AT&T unveiled the details for the same type of plan on the iPhone 3G as well.
The new plan is available for $50, which offers unlimited text, email, and web browsing. Pay-per-use voice is still an option for 40 cents a minute. A Microsoft Exchange package is also available for $65.
How does one get signed up on this plan? A special form is required which can be downloaded here (PDF link).
These plans are only available on the iPhone, but similar plans for the Blackberry do exist.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- iPhone Available With New Text Plan for Customers With Disabilities
- Samsung Instinct Will Require $69.99 Data Plan
- Verizon announces new (and cheaper) unlimited voice plans
- AT&T to offer $50 unlimited prepaid plan starting June 26th
- AT&T to get 8 million Windows Phone 7 handsets? Don’t think so