OpenMoko has plans to publish the internal details of their Neo FreeRunner and and the Neo 1973 available to the engineers of Linux World and the public under the Creative Common license. Details will soon be available on their website.
This could also be a way to improve the value of Neo FreeRunner in the world market (if in case they have plans to sell it for some hefty bucks)! The release of details to the best experts will surely help OpenMoko to capitalize on the fame it gained during the first week sell out of its phone which was launched on July 4th.
This release will help OpenMoko drive interest of debuggers and hence improve the funcionality of the phone in many ways.
[via Register Hardware]
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- OpenMoko’s Neo FreeRunner goes on sale Friday for $399
- OpenMoko’s Neo FreeRunner pushed out the door early
- OpenMoko’s Neo FreeRunner priced at $399
- Samsung Galaxy Fame will be sold in the UK by Three
- Samsung Galaxy Fame launched in Europe, costs less than €200