Who would’ve known? The tech bug is so big, it’s gotten out of its own industry and infected others, such as that of fashion.
Becoming the world’s first luxury retailer to launch its own mobile commerce web site, Polo by Ralph Lauren is riding a wave that’s going to last for quite a while more, since it’s only now beginning to take height.
Senior Vice President David Lauren of Polo Ralph Lauren Corp said in an interview with Reuters:
“We recognize that in America this is going after somebody who is more comfortable with technology. The truth is that in other countries, it’s becoming a part of their culture. The trend is coming, and as a fashion company it’s very important to identify trends and get ahead of them.”
Just imagine-you can get new Ralph Lauren’s without even setting a foot outside your door. Just the way we all like it right? Expect the whole thing to go full blast later this month.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung seeking to grow in Finland
- Teen girl’s phone comes back loaded with porn after repair service
- Apple starts patenting mobile app ideas
- Nokia N97 mini Gold Edition unveiled, costs $850
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Fashion Edition offered by Orange UK