Mobile phone retailer Expansys has confirmed the much-awaited worldwide release of the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 to be somewhere in early October of this year. This and other details were revealed recently in a promotional e-mail.
Referred to by Expansys as the “arc slider” handset, the SE Xperia X1 will be released “[on] week 41 (Oct 6-12)”. Though a spokesman from Expansys said they still don’t have a definite date for the day of first release when speaking to Reg HW, the same says they have received a couple of demo units from SE itself, which means the official release shouldn’t be that far away. With that, the release date shouldn’t be that far away.
The Sony Ericsson is a highly-awaited Windows Mobile powered smartphone that features an innovative crescent slider design, as well as the latest technology in mobile telephony and computing.
Among its features are 3G HSDPA and HSUPA connectivity, 3.2 megapixel camera, built-in Wi-Fi, 3-inch touchscreen and full slide-out QWERTY keyboard.
Prepare for the sticker shock, though. It will be sold initially at a cost of £590 (or $1100) for unlocked units. Is SE preparing to take the king of overcharging crown from Apple? Now that’s a thought.For best Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 deals in U.K click here!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- UK: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play can now be ordered for just £199.99, ships on October 7
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 coming to US on November 28th for $799
- Sony Ericsson spokesman: Xperia X1 is “on track”, quit complaining
- Handango Developer Newsletter leaks Sony Ericsson Xperia 1 release date
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X2 vs. Xperia X1 in live pictures