The rather simplistic and minimalist mobile version of Youtube’s web site is getting a redesign. Not necessarily something major, just a little something to make room-for ads.
That’s right, Youtube’s mobile web site will now be served up with ads, but only for users in the US and Japan-at least for now. The ad-ridden mobile version of Youtube will be tested for a while before the whole thing rolls out to other parts of the world, most likely.
I don’t know about you, but I already find Youtube’s mobile site a bit stuffed. I don’t know where they’re going to find the space to put the ads in. But well, if Google does this to provide us, the end-user, “with the most valuable and effective mobile experience possible,” then I’m all for it.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Google Buzz integrated in latest version of Gmail for mobile
- Google Talk optimized for iPhone
- Google Mobile Now Available on S60
- Google Buzz now available for BlackBerry, Symbian S60, Windows Mobile and WebOS
- Google News updated for Android, iPhone, WebOS