The phone, previously tagged at Rs 31,000 ($720) for 8GB and Rs 36,100 ($840) for 16 GB, will now be available for Rs. 29,000 ($673) and Rs. 34000 ($793) respectively.
This price slash will definitely result in increasing sales of iPhone 3G at Vodafone stores because Bharti Airtel continues to sell the iPhone 3G at its original price at the moment.
While, it is still unclear at the moment whether the price cut has come from Apple or whether Vodafone is picking up the tab, Bharti Airtel should also bring down its iPhone 3G’s price tags to that of Vodafone, Rs. 29,000 ($673) for 8GB model & Rs. 34,000 ($793) for 16GB model in order to compete with it.
via – cellpassion
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Bharti Airtel and Apple agree to sell iPhone 3GS in India
- iPhone 3G heading to India via Bharti Airtel
- Bharti Airtel announces Equal Monthly Installment (EMI) plans for iPhone 3G
- Vodafone to sell iPhone 3G in India starting August 22nd from $708 up
- HTC Touch Diamond coming to India through Bharti Airtel