Eager to finally experience RIM’s BlackBerry OS 4.5? We may not be able to let you play with the devices themselves that have said OS, but we can’t definitely point out to you that it’s going to be delivered indeed. And probably sooner than you expected, at that.
An internal AT&T PowerPoint memo dug up by The Boy Genius gives us details of the upcoming devices that will ship with BlackBerry OS 4.5 pre-installed, as well as the date when the update will be released for existing devices.
As it turns out, the BlackBerry OS 4.5 update will be rolled out by mid-September for the 8820, Curve 8310, Pearl 8120, and Curve 8300. As mentioned above, the same update will be included in future shipments of the said devices, with of course the same features.
And speaking of features, here’s what you’ll get:
- HTML e-mail and formatting
- Remote server search
- Free/busy calendar lookup
- Video recording
- Improved media player
- Office document editing option pre-loaded
As for the exact date, it still hasn’t been confirmed. But mid-September isn’t that distant now anyway, so we suggest just keep your eyes peeled for the release.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300 for T-Mobile USA available September 8 for $79.99
- AT&T BlackBerry 8320 official photos leaked
- Which Blackberry Devices are Getting 5.0?
- BlackBerry Curve 8910 shows up in leaked photo
- Verizon BlackBerry Curve 3G 9330 available starting September 16