As the market for netbooks with built-in 3G remains clearly wide-open, Vodafone and Dell are eager to jump in on the opportunity.
Following the recent official announcement of the Dell Inspiron Mini 9, which marks Dell’s official entry into the fast-growing netbook market, Vodafone has unveiled plans of offering the same device with built-in 3G connectivity starting late September.
Though this doesn’t seem to be different than just bundling a netbook with an external 3G modem, some people would prefer to have an internal one because it’s one less thing to worry about losing.
Pricing for Vodafone’s Dell Inspiron Mini 9 with 3G will be announced in the coming weeks. The basic model with Windows XP Home pre-installed is offered for $399 USD.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Dell Inspiron Mini 9 to be offered free by Vodafone next month
- Vodafone UK’s Christmas line-up announced, freebies abound
- AT&T starts offering netbooks for as low as $49.99
- Dell Mini 3i reportedly coming to the UK
- Hands on with the ECS J10IL at Mobile Asia Congress 2008