In a recent survey of Asian shoppers conducted by media magazine and market researchers TNS, Sony is Asia’s new favorite brand, beating Nokia among many other great technology firms.
Canon and Panasonic are two other Japanese electronics companies that made it to the list, while HP and Apple from the US, and Samsung and LG from Korea were listed as well.
It actually shouldn’t come as a surprise that Nokia was taken over by Sony. Asia is a pretty dense market, and huge chunks of the market are already held with a stronghold by several of its competitors, namely, Samsung and LG out in Korea.
But perhaps with the company’s new mobile offerings, this loss in brand love from the people may very quickly turn around.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung seeking to grow in Finland
- Samsung takes Motorola’s place in India’s mobile phone market
- Samsung takes Sony Ericsson’s place as second biggest player in Indian handset market
- HTC Sensation launching next week in South Korea
- Sony Ericsson gets into Korea with XPERIA X1