Some companies tend to ride the wave of their most successful products by upgrading its features and introducing a brand new device. HTC, however, is looking in the other direction.
A device called the HTC Opal has been leaked onto the Internet recently, and its spec sheet gives it almost exactly the same features as the HTC Touch, with a few exceptions.
The HTC Opal’s unconfirmed specs are the following:
- Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro
- 200 Mhz TI OMAP 850 processor
- Quadband GPRS/EDGE
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 2.0
- 2 megapixel camera
- microSD card slot
About the only diffence it has from the HTC Touch is in its camera and lack of 3G network support, but then again, the features we have now have not been confirmed by HTC yet.
We’re not sure when exactly HTC plans to come clean about the HTC Opal, but since the documents with which it got leaked are dated July 3rd, it could be any time now.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HP to launch two Palm WebOS tablets this year, one of them will be out in September
- LG Vortex and LG Cosmos Touch launched by Verizon
- HTC Touch Viva, the real name of Touch Opal
- HP / Palm tablets detailed, one of them may be called HP Touchpad
- HTC Touch HD leaked