Sony Ericsson unveils G705 and G705u slider phones
After booking its place in the rumors in late July, G705 was officially announced along with G705u by Sony Ericsson today in London at the second CTIA event of the year. The web oriented Sony Ericsson G705 is scheduled to launch in Q1 next year.
The latest announcement, the G705u slider is a first UMA enabled phone by Sony Ericsson made exclusively for Orange will also hit the market in Q1 next year. UMA support will allow seamless calls handover between the carrier network and wireless Wi-Fi networks.
The Sony Ericsson G705 will be available in Silky Gold or Majestic Black (Luminous Black for G705u). The phones with 2.4 inch QVGA display will come jam packed with:
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 and UMTS/HSDPA 2100 support
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 and UMTS/HSUPA 850/1900/2100 support for US edition
- 3.2 megapixel camera
- GPS receiver with A-GPS support
- Wi-Fi connectivity with DLNA certification
- Built in accelerometer with web support
- stereo bluetooth
- FM radio with RDS
- Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync support
- 1GB M2 memory card
The phone will also have direct support to Youtube, Google Maps and Wayfinder.