When you’re a big mobile phone company losing market share fast, it would be a good idea to work on more ways to fix what’s broken and get back on top.
So other than letting lose very stylish and feature-packed smartphones that have best-seller written all over them (like the Sony Ericsson G705), Sony Ericsson is also working on deploying its very own unlimited music download service, to rival the likes of Nokia’s Comes with Music.
The new music download service is supposed to be an expansion of its existing mobile download services, and is in coordination with all the major music labels in the world.
Currently, Sony Ericsson is still in talks with the labels, but hopes to launch the new service in Europe before Christmas.
Via Financial Times
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia launches DRM-free Comes with Music service in China
- Sony Ericsson PlayNow Arena officially launched
- Sony Ericsson introduces PlayNow plus, promises unlimited music downloads
- Sony Ericsson PlayNow Kiosk launched for Pacific Asia
- Sony BGM joins Nokia’s “Comes With Music”