The much hyped iPhone 3G is soon coming to a third Indian mobile operator – BSNL. According to BSNL, it plans to launch the phone by Dec 2008 along with the launch of it’s 3G network.
The government owned company, BSNL might become the first player in the Indian market to offer 3G functionality on the new iPhone since they already have a license and are busy upgrading their network to the third generation UMTS. While current Indian iPhone carriers – Vodafone and Airtel are stuck with GSM/EDGE, while waiting for their own allocations of 3G spectrum.
These news should really light up faces of every iPhone 3G lover in India because when it’s BSNL (known for its cheap prices) stepping in to sell iPhone 3G, there’s some hope that the prices will be lower then the current prices at which Vodafone & Airtel are selling the iPhone in India.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Vodafone brings down iPhone 3G price in India by $47
- Vodafone to sell iPhone 3G in India starting August 22nd from $708 up
- iPhone 3G heading to India via Bharti Airtel
- RIM intros the BlackBerry Bold 9700 in India
- Airtel and Aircel will launch the iPhone 4 in India in the coming months