Soon, you’ll be able to turn your BlackBerry smartphone into a TiVo DVR remote, thanks to partnership between BlackBerry-maker RIM and TiVo Inc.
New software for various TiVo services is expected to hit the BlackBerry platform due to the new partnership, enabling users to do such things as find out which shows are on and set television recording schedules on the go. And all this is aimed towards simplifying mobile access to video content.
At the moment, the partnership between TiVo and RIM looks like its only in its infancy, but you can expect that things will only get better, with BlackBerry’s getting more and more features and TiVo providing more and more awesome applications.
Via CNN Money
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac comes on October 2; TiVo for BlackBerry available now
- TiVo launches mobile web site
- Orange brings Wikipedia content to its phones
- RIM announces BlackBerry OpenGL ES support, new deal with Adobe and more
- Nokia Ovi Store now available for AT&T subscribers