Velocity Mobile Launches It’s First Touchscreen Smartphone, Velocity 103
Velocity Mobile, some have today officially announced their latest smartphone -Velocity 103. The device was spotted on FCC back in July.
This is the first touchscreen smartphone from Velocity, which is some sort of Joint Venture between laptop ODM Iventec and “veteran wireless designers and engineers”.
Velocity 103 comes with their own WinMo 6.1 User Interface customization called Odyssey, Velocity Over The Air updates (VOTA) and has a pretty decent looks.
It’s available for pre-order online now through Expansys for £334.99 and will ship by the end of September.
I’m not sure how Velocity Over The Air (VOTA) update service will work (I presume it will use your carrier data connection), but it should seemlessly and automatically provide all the needed updates and upgrades to the phone software.
Full specs of the Velocity 103 smartphone are:
- Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
- Qualcomm Mobile Station Modem™ (MSM™) MSM7201™ chipset
- GSM/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900
- UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA 850, 1900, 2100
- 640×480 VGA touch screen
- Odyssey Interface
- Velocity Over The Air updates (VOTA)
- 256MB ROM, 128MB RAM
- Bluetooth 2.0, 802.11b/g WiFi, GPS
- 2.0 megapixel camera, 0.3 megapixel videoconferencing camera
- TV/VGA out
- MicroSD expansion slot