HTC Touch Viva, the real name of Touch Opal
The successor of HTC Touch, namely HTC Touch Opal, will apparently be officially called HTC Touch Viva. Now, before we all get dizzy from so many nomenclatures, let’s mention that this new HTC handset is not yet official, hence everything about it can be filed only under the rumor category.
Anyway, if it’s to believe the latest appeared details, it’s almost certain that the handset we are talking about will be released by the Taiwan-based producer under the name of HTC Touch Viva.
The Touch Viva is not too different from the old HTC Touch, neither when it comes to design, nor when we look over its specs.
And speaking of specs, these are said to include:
- quad-band GSM / GPRS / EDGE connectivity (850, 900 ,1800 and 1900 MHz)
- a Texas Instruments OMAP 850 CPU that runs at 200 MHz (not that great)
- 128MB RAM and 256MB ROM
- a 2.8 inch TFT QVGA touchscreen
- TouchFlo 3D UI (like HTC Touch Diamond)
- Bluetooth 2.0
- a 2 Megapixel camera
- support for microSD cards
- 104 x 59 x 15.5 millimeters and 110 grams
The new HTC will operate on Windows Mobile 6.1 and it should be first released in Asia, under the Dopod brand (a subsidiary of HTC). In Europe, HTC Touch Viva might be launched on September 30, for a retail price of around €300.
Come on, HTC, we are waiting for your Viva!