Asus thinks it’s about time more Windows Mobile smartphones hit the high end, and as such it is secretly working on a new 5 megapixel camera-equipped Samsung Omnia challenger.
In two recently leaked official photos, we see what appears to be an Asus touchscreen smartphone with Windows Mobile 6 and a 5 megapixel camera. Aside from that there is a very prominent trackball on its face, as well as a wide touchscreen display and several hardware buttons.
We’re told that this smartphone can currently be identified as the Glaxy7, and it is a quadband GSM phone with HSDPA data support. Here are more of the Asus Glaxy7′s unofficial specs:
- 3.5 “WVGA 800X480 / 65K Color TFT
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional with Glide UI 1.5
- Bluetooth 2.0, Wifi, USB
- 200 hours standby and 4 hours talk time
- 4GB flash memory built-in with microSD card slot
- Built-in accelerometer
This is pretty interesting news for Windows Mobile users, and we’re hearing October could be when this smartphone is launched. But of course, we’ll have to let Asus decide whether it really is fit for a launch in a month, or if it’s even a real product in the first place.
Via WM Power User
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Asus P320 Galaxi Mini GPS PDA phone launched
- Asus P565 officially announced
- India gets Asus Lamborghini ZX1 smartphone
- Asus ZX1 Lamborghini phone specs and pictures
- New 3G Asus Pxx E-mail phone Surfaces