While working on the world’s first Symbian Foundation OS-powered devices, Nokia is also busy on the next generation Maemo Internet Tablet OS.
The company has confirmed that it does not intend to release any new devices in the near future, but goes on to say that it will only announce these when they are really ready.
For now the company is busy working on additional software enhancements for the Internet Tablet OS, adding high-definition cameras for content creation, enabling support for 3G HSPA connectivity and support for TI OMAP3 processors.
Nokia doesn’t say when the first devices with these changes will hit the market, but they’ve established a long-term commitment to Maemo and should deliver it no matter how long it takes.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia N900 Rover Internet Tablet with Maemo 5 coming soon?
- Nokia’s Maemo plans for 2010 to include only one device
- Nokia N900 coming to the US on September 27?
- Nokia N900 on pre-order in the USA for $649
- High-end Nokia Maemo phone to be announced at Nokia World?