Starting next month, Vodafone UK will start selling the Dell Inspiron Mini 9 with built-in 3G. Users will then be able to utilize Vodafone’s extended HSDPA 3G coverage with download speeds of between 1Mb/s and 5Mb/s.
It was widely reported that the Dell Inspiron Mini 9 would have built-in 3G, but so far only Vodafone has announced that it will sell the machine bundled with Internet service.
The Vodafone-Dell Inspiron Mini 9 3G deal seems to have a catch, though — you’ll only be granted 1GB of data transfers per month. That’s pretty stingy, considering other operators like Orange offer a 5GB data cap. Maybe it’s to keep all the netbook users from hogging all the bandwith. In any case, a free netbook is free, but it will come with a two-year contract at £25 ($45 USD) a month.
Via Reg Hardware
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Vodafone to market Dell Inspiron Mini 9 with built-in 3G on September
- Vodafone UK’s Christmas line-up announced, freebies abound
- AT&T starts offering netbooks for as low as $49.99
- Dell Mini 3i reportedly coming to the UK
- #CTIA 2010: T-Mobile Announces Dell 10 Mini, to Launch HD2 and CLIQ XT Tomorrow