Anyone expecting the Helio Ocean 2 to arrive soon will be happy to hear about a certain OZII that’s been recently approved by the FCC.
This handset is made by Pantech, and comes in a dual-sliding form factor with the Helio brand plastered across its forehead. And even though it’s called the Pantech OZII, it looks a lot like the anticipated Helio Ocean 2. Besides, OZII should be enough of a clue — OZ, Ocean; II, 2.
The FCC documents don’t officially call it the Ocean 2, though. In any case, here’s a preliminary round of specs according to the said documents:
- QVGA screen
- Numeric keypad and QWERTY keyboard
- EVDO 3G with full HTML web browsing
- Stereo Bluetooth
- 2 megapixel camera with flash and video recording
- microSD card slot
There’s still no word on a release date, and since it’s FCC, there’s is of course no pricing, but it’s slowly getting more official by the minute. We expect Virgin Mobile to make an announcement in the coming weeks.
Via Phone Scoop
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Hopes still alive for Helio Ocean 2, now as Umbrella
- Helio Ocean 2 to be launched this quarter
- Helio Ocean2 pops up on FCC site as OZ2
- Virgin Mobile’s Helio Ocean 2 will debut on February 12 for $149
- Pantech Duo 2 clears FCC