It seems that LG has an interesting new plan in taking over high megapixel cameraphone market.
Have one sleek high end and expensive highest megapixel cameraphone to dazzle the crowds and wet their appetite. Then produce another high megapixel handset. But make it more simple and affordable.
Now it seems to be the time to do the same for a 8 megapixel cameraphones. With Viewty successor full touchscreen LG Renoir KC910 to cover the high end, LG is now working on simpler 8 megapixel cameraphone – LG KC780.
Not much has been known about LG KC780 slider so far.
It already has been tested and approved by FCC, at least for GSM1900 band and Bluetooth emissions. Other LG KC780 specs that we’ve been able to ferret out from various sources include:
- Quadband GSM, GPRS/EDGE connectivity
- 8 megapixel camera with autofocus, red eye reduction, face recognition and 30fps video recording
- 140 MB of internal memory
- microSD memory card slot
- Bluetooth 2.0, USB 2.0
We’ll keep you posted when we hear more about it.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung E200 thin and affordable handset
- LG Viewty KE990 dumbed down to 2.5G. Headed for T-Mobile and China?
- LG KC780 now available for free through Orange UK
- LG breaks 8 megapixel cameraphone barrier with LG KC910 (Viewty 2)
- LG Bali GM360, LG GX300 and LG Pure GD550 show up on official LG site