Going on a business trip to Japan in 2009 and thinking of taking a BlackBerry Bold with you? It might be better idea to go with NTT DoCoMo’s local-flavored one, since they’re going to release it there by then anyway.
Yes, RIM and NTT DoCoMo have partnered up to bring the all-business, all-the-time BlackBerry Bold to clearly seriousness-deprived folks over in Japan, saying that they will officially release the said smartphone in early 2009.
NTT DoCoMo offers a nice list of BlackBerry Bold features on its web site via this link (PDF), but if you’d rather see this handset in person, then have at it at CEATAC Japan 2008, where it will be showcased from September 30th to October 4th. No word on official pricing has been provided just yet.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- BlackBerry Bold has overheating problems too; sales in Japan halted
- 22 new handsets in four new series announced by NTT DoCoMo for Japan
- New BlackBerry Bold 9790 shows up in hands-on photos
- BlackBerry Bold R9020 with OS 6 to come in October
- T-Mobile USA announces launch date for the BlackBerry Bold 9900