The original iPhone killer, the Meizu M8, has been confirmed for a Chinese market launch on the first week of December with “complete fanfare” (whatever that means).
It will be launched only in the Chinese market initially by electronics manufacturer Geek IT, who will soon release it through their franchise network in India.
You almost thought this was actually going to evaporate into vaporware, did you? Here’s a quick rundown of its known specs, aside from touch UI and iPhone-like icons.
- 3.2-inch LCD screen
- Windows CE
- 3 megapixel camera
- Music Player
- FM Tuner
- 3D Surround Sound
You have to wonder, though, how was Meizu able to mimic the iPhone UI with Windows CE? Oh well, that company works in mysterious ways.
The 8GB Meizu M8′s price will range from $384-$469.
Via Tech Ticker Blog
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Meizu M9 will run Android 2.1
- Meizu MX unveiled with dual-core and HSPA+, will launch January 1st
- Meizu MX3 rumored to have Exynos 5 Octa eight-core processor, 5.1″ Full HD touchscreen
- Samsung E950 slider ready for U.S, shipping in Europe
- Pantech Sky-branded IM-R300 enters touchscreen smartphone arena