When pre-announcing a new phone – like LG KP500, the Korean maker has got into the habit to release only very few details about the device to wet our appetite.
Touting the key marketing gimmicks like full touchscreen & cheap in this case, LG remains mum about almost everything else. The KP500 specs and prices will have to wait for the official announcement in a few weeks.
Ukrainian site Onliner.ua managed to finagle most of the details about LG KP500, including specs and price from company reps there.
LG KP500 specs will include:
- Quadband GSM (850/900/1800/1900), GPRS/Edge connectivity
- 3″ 240x400px 262K color TFT display/touchscreen
- 3 mpx (2048×1536 px) camera with 12 fps video recording
- Virtual on-screen QWERTY keyboard
- FM Radio
- Built-in motion sensor
- 46 MB of user memory
- microSD memory card slot
- Bluetooth A2DP, USB
- 900 mAh Li-Ion battery with 210 min talk and 330 hrs stand-by time
- Dimensions: 106.5×55.4×11.9mm
- Weight: 89
LG KP500 price in Ukraine will be $350 (~250 EUR). And, without subsidies, it should be similar in the rest of the world.
So, there you have it. LG KP500 is rather cheap handset among it’s full touchscreen peers. But it is also very basic – no 3G, no Wi-Fi, no GPS, no flash and autofocus for a camera and no fancy DivX playback on that big display.
But, I guess, a good option for a budget conscious full touchscreen phone fan.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Alcatel OT-707 and OT-800 – cheap touchscreen and QWERTY phones
- Philips X650 – another everlasting Xenium
- Philips Xenium X830 appears in official photos
- More LG Arena KM900 dribble out
- Nokia 1209 and Nokia 2600 Classic. Two really cheap phones for emerging markets