Ever felt the need to share the relatively fast 3G mobile broadband access you’re getting from your USB dongle to friends when you’re with them? Well, T-Mobile is looking to allow you to do just that, with a new product and service to be launched in the “next couple of days.”
The plan is to make T-Mobile 3G USB dongles, with the aid of a contraption called the Mobile Broadband Share Dock, full on wireless routers within minutes. New Mobile Broadband Share Docks will be offered bundled with T-Mobile SIM-locked 3G USB dongles that can be used anywhere with a power socket to share 3G Internet access.
This setup should be good for up to three users at a time, and will give each full networking functions such as sharing folders after enduring just a quick setup wizard.
The concept alone is desirable, but the price should make you break into smile as well. The Mobile Broadband Share Dock will cost £20 or about $35 USD a month, under an 18-month contract. The USB dongle will be bundled free.
Via Pocket Lint
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- 3 UK gives away 1,000 USB dongles
- Asus Transformer Prime free GPS dongle gets pictured, invites for ordering it now being sent
- Orange UK unveils new netbooks: HP Compaq Mini 700 and Toshiba L300
- BT Launches Mobile Device Offering
- Virgin Media launches mobile broadband service in UK for less than $30 a month