But it does not mean that the Korean vendor will abandon it’s low end handset segment that has been Samsung’s bread and butter in many markets. It will certainly not.
And, what’s more, Samsung is also bringing some “Soul’ness” to their cheap clamshells as well. The case in point – is newly announced Samsung GT-S3600 flip phone.
Samsung GT-S3600 takes the design page from a Soul clamshell Samsung G400 but replaces all the specs fatty with simple components to make the handset really cheap.
Heck, it even does away with any kind of external display, which does not seam like the best idea for a clamshell. Other Samsung S3600 specs include:
- GSM/EDGE connectivity
- 1.3 megapixel camera
- FM Radio with recording capability
- Bluetooth 2.0 +EDR connectivity
Even though the price of Samsung S3600 has not been announced yet, with the specs like these it should not be much above 100 EUR, if that. And it should be almost free with any kind of carrier contract.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung SGH-P180. Affordable UMA clamshell
- Samsung B7300 specs show up
- Samsung E1110 and Samsung E2510: new basic South Korean phones
- 8 new Samsung phones leaked – S5050, C5212, S3310 and E2210 included
- 5 new phones: Samsung F200 Music Phone, Samsung F310/ Bang&Olufsen Serenata, Samsung E590, C510L and T729 approved by FCC