By now, you should already be well-acquainted with RIM’s very first clamshell BlackBerry device, and in fact you might even have some cash ready to spill out for when it finally comes out. If that’s you, then you’ll be glad to find out that your long wait is over, as T-Mobile will finally make the BlackBerry Pearl 8220 available in their stores today.
The clamshell form factor, 2 megapixel camera, SureType QWERTY keyboard, and uh, a few more things are what make the BlackBerry Pearl 8220 a very exciting device! I’d like to go into more detail as to its specs, but I reckon you’re probably already well aware of those, too.
So what’s the news today on the BlackBerry Pearl 8220? Well, as mentioned above, it finally goes on sale from T-Mobile today, if only in its black variant. The dark red version won’t be coming out till October 20, one week after the first devices are made available.
If you’re looking to get one, you can head on over to T-Mobile and spend all $149.99 of the money you’ve saved up and sign up for a two-year contract. Sure, it’s not as cheap as the original rumors said it would be, but $149.99 ain’t that hard of a price to reach, either.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- BlackBerry Kickstart’s official name actually BlackBerry Pearl 8220?
- BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300 and Pearl 3G 9100 officially announced by AT&T
- BlackBerry Pearl 3G to be offered by Telstra in Australia
- Rogers outs the BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 for $49.99, pink version coming too
- BlackBerry Pearl 9100 in leaked photos, video