Remember how the original Motorola RAZR was just the sexiest clamshell phone on the planet? Well, there’s a new Motorola clamshell available through Sprint and Boost Mobile, but unfortunately, it seems that its design cues are taken elsewhere. Somewhere the RAZR can’t transfer some beauty over to it.
I’m talking about the Motorola i776, which has just been made available from Sprint and Boost Mobile. It’s dressed in a metallic clamshell as pictured here, and suffers the sad fate of having to carry an external iDEN antenna on its top right corner. What makes it worse is the fact that it’s available in a color I can only call dirt brown.
Nevertheless, it does look like it has a very usable keypad on it, with ample spacing for keys, and it comes with basic mobile phone features too. Bluetooth, VGA camera, and Push-to-talk can be found on-board, while an external screen shows simple phone status updates. Just the way I like my clamshells.
If you can stand its design and color scheme, you can have it through Sprint for $79.99 on a 2 year contract or $99.99 on a pay as you go plan from Boost Mobile.
Via Mobile Crunch
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola i9 official pics surface – a release should follow soon
- Motorola i410 flip phone for Nextel and Boost shows up
- Motorola WX415 headed to Boost Mobile. Motorola Finch W418g also shows up
- Motorola Stature i9 announced, Sprint and Boost will release it soon
- Motorola RAZR2 V8 Antique Rose phone revealed